March 22, 2010

Organized Families

I really enjoy helping families get organized. I like to dig in other peoples piles and help them sort out the clutter from the truly important. I like seeing how people open up about their stuff and their lives if you just give them the chance. Talking is inevitable when you work with me. I ask a lot of questions and love hearing the answers. I always have tissue because emotions run high when we let the outside world touch our personal belongings that hold sentiment and memories.

People like to ask me if my house if organized. Yes it is. I'm a touch of a control freak and my family would agree. Luckily I have three children, a husband, an old cat and a young dog to throw me a reality check and balance my world. There are items in my house that I know I should throw out but I'm not ready to yet. There are items long gone that I do not miss and many that I have forgotten.

What have I throw out lately? A shirt that I bought just last year that already had a small hole in it. I will not sew it, although I could, so it had to go. I also threw out a pair of sandals that I haven't worn in two years. They were too tight and uncomfortable. An old computer. Some blankets for the animal shelter. Fitted sheets that were pilling. Oh and I cleaned out my jewelery case and gave some shiny bits to the girls. I'm sure there is more but that's what comes to mind immediately. What have you let go of lately? I'd love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.