April 13, 2010

Read all about it

I tend to read books to learn. Education can be expensive but a book can relay information in an affordable and convenient way. I get lists of suggested reading from my professional associations so that I can see what is new in my industry. I ask friends and family what they are reading so that I can see other points of view. I'm very excited that my mother-in-law is coming to visit this August, not only because we haven't seen family in a long time but also because she has a new Kindle that I want to borrow. I think I'm going to make a list of all the books that I am reading or have read so that you can see what is filling my brain. Look for it soon at the side bar.
If you are looking to start reading to your children about getting organized, start with these great books:

Too Many Toys - David Shannon
Just A Mess - Mercer Mayer
Think Of Those In Need - Stan & Jan Berenstain
Lili Est Desordres - Dominique de Saint Mars/Serge Bloch

1 comment:

  1. OOOH! I'm a book lover as well for all things educational! As a photographer I not only took private photography lessons, but credit so much of my education and skills to GOOD OLD FASHIONED BOOK LEARNING! Its truly amazing how much we can learn through just reading! I have two college degrees and in some ways feel like I became a better "student" after I finished school and started to seek learning on my own through the lovely resources available to us so easily in our day!

    The library is an inspiring place and amazon used book stores love me :)

    Thanks for the fabulous book recommendations! They're going on my list for the next library trip. (We live a block away, what could be better?!?!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.