I get asked a lot of questions. One common one is "What do you do with the junk drawer in the kitchen?" I don't have a junk drawer in the house. Every drawer has a purpose. Yours has one too.
1. Dump contents of drawer on a table
2. Sort into piles of similar items
3. Relocate items to their proper homes-garbage, recycle or otherwise
4. Categorize the items that are left over-I find that most often they are office items or tools
5. Name the drawer- As in "This is our "Supplies" drawer or our "Hardware" drawer
6. Containerize your items in the drawer
7. Communicate with everyone in the home what the drawers purpose is
You too can have clutter free drawers. Go do a drawer today.
PS. You don't need that many rubber bands, plastic spoons or milk bag tags! Let it all go.