July 30, 2010

Friday Findings


Every Friday I am going to find something that I can get rid of.  Sometimes it will belong to me.  Sometimes it will belong to someone else. 

Today I found these books that were crowding my shelves.  Some books were mine that I hadn't read in a long time and have no interest in reading again.  Some books were my husbands cookbooks. He graciously let me purge his three shelf collection down to two shelves. He likes to cook and tends to get a lot of cookbooks as gifts. He is happy to get them.  He reads them when he receives them but he doesn't necessarily use them after that. More often he uses the internet for recipes. 

These books will find a new home at the second hand shop. Sometimes you can donate books to the library.  Ours has shelves in the hall for selling older books. If the books are in good condition and fairly new, you can sell them online too.

Today's questions:  What do you do with your old books?  What are you reading right now?

1 comment:

  1. oh man my cookbook collection I am sure could be purged but I just love them so much and I can't seem to do it!!!! We donate the books to a used book store or to goodwill.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.