August 20, 2010

Friday Findings


Yes it's time to purge the summer shoes!  Nowadays you can get a pair of shoes or sandals at the closest Walmart for $2.50 in the clearance bin. These shoes are not meant to last more than a season. That being said we always try to push the limit with their expiry date and wear them into the fall and maybe into the following spring and summer.  I did a preliminary shoe chucking just before I went shopping for school shoes. Each child needs a pair for indoors at school, (luckily this pair stays at school) but they also need an outdoor pair as well as some winter boots.  That one pair of black shoes has been in my closet for about 5 years and I have always found a nicer pair in my foot repertoire to wear. Time to go black shoes!  My son decided that he didn't like sandals this year so his summer pair, worn twice, will now be mailed to our nephew who still is too young to make those decisions. All the other shoes were dead.  My closet is a little lighter for a few weeks until we move into heavier footwear and the light stuff goes to the basement for cleaning and storage until I see the blossoms of crocuses and daffodils again. 

Go clean out the shoe closet and let me know how many pairs you purged today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.