November 12, 2010

Five on Friday


Here is my project this morning. Games, dress-up clothes, trains, dish sets and miscellaneous craft items.  The bottom of the basement stairs is where the overflow of toys and such go. When the bedrooms have been purged and the kids are tired of their current play things, I bring them here.  Sometimes they get rotated.  Sometimes the kids play down here and make a mess that I am not so obsessive about cleaning up. 

Today is a purge the purge area day. Mostly the games. Time to make room for new toys coming in less than 60 days.

We have two places to drop off unwanted toys, clothing and dust collecting decorations.  There is also the recycle dump that takes electronics.  I used that earlier this year when we cleaned out the kitchen appliances.

What will you get rid of today?  Where will you take it?

I'll post an updated photo later...

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how it turned out. I am getting ready to consolidate 2 households worth of stuff, should be fun! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My basement has been calling my name to do more unpacking and cleaning. 4 months in the house now, some more brown boxes have to go!
    I have been purging Kids Clothes lately. I have encouraged family members that the kids need clothes and not toys for their birthdays. Will work on Christmas too! Boys clothes we given to a friend, girls clothes to a cousin. And some of both have been donated to a thirft store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get rid of anything except maybe some dust :) Good for you for consolidating before the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.