December 10, 2010

Home Based Business

I know many women who work from home. I love the ability to make my own hours so that my family comes first. In order to create a successful balance between family and work you have to carve our an organized space that delegates tasks realistically.  Work is work and home is home.  My top three tips to make a successful home office are:

1. Set your space up as professionally as possible with all the tools and workspace necessary.
2. Have "Hours of Operation" and work them.  Don't do laundry and dishes if you are at work.
3. Get out of the house and network with other business owners.  No one will refer you if they don't know about you.

Those are my favorite ones.  There are many other tips but let's start with those.

I recently helped a lady re-create her work space to be more efficient.  It went from a cluttered space to a clear and simplified spa with room for decorative merchandise shelving.  The area from the front door, down the hall and into the spa needed to be a clean and clear path to set the stage for the treatment the client would receive.



If you have clients in your home, imagine how you would like to see a home based business and create that visual in your space.

If you work from home, do you have clients in your space?  How do you keep it organized?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a timely post considering my new career opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.