January 22, 2011

Fantastic Friday


Every once in a while I have the privilege of speaking to a group of people that really affect me.
Yesterday I was in Lac La Biche, Alberta to speak at the 2011 Parenting Conference.  

What a great opportunity to talk to parents of all kinds about how to be an organized family and a successful family.  There were young moms, older moms, families with one parent or two and even some special grandparents who are bringing up their grandkids as well as some foster children.  I was blown away by how much love and support was in the room for families today.  

My childhood was not the best and I wonder if there had been the type of resources like we have today if the struggle would have been less. I am grateful for the Military Family Resource Centre that I use, the FCSS that are found in many cities around this province as well as the leaders and social workers that go out into our communities to give hands-on help to us.

Thank you for having me as a speaker and thank you for the work you do.

1 comment:

  1. I found you on the blog hop and now Im following you! Please check out my blog and follow me, http://toesthattwinkle.blogspot.com/ I also wanted to say how much I love your blog and reading the posts!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.