January 19, 2011

Stuff to get Organized

I get the question "What do you organize?" a lot. 
I never get tired of that question.
The list goes on and on...

Bedrooms
Kitchens
Drawers of all shapes and sizes
Closets
Cupboards
Sheds and Garages
Living Rooms
Dining Rooms
Nooks and Crannies
Yards and Greenhouses
Basements (but not crawl spaces)
Laundry Rooms
Playrooms
Home Offices
Craft Rooms
Bookshelves
Game Rooms
Family Rooms

You see where this is going.

If it needs organizing, I get a kick out of tearing it apart, sorting the contents and putting it all back in a totally fantastically organized manner. (Usually with storage you already own but sometimes I get to buy new too)

I've always liked to put things in their place so that I can find them when I need them.  I get frustrated when other people don't respect my system and I have to "train" them all over.
(Not really, I secretly like to tell people how to organize over and over again.  I'm strange that way.)

I don't like organizing computers.  I worry that I could make an error and lose your important information.

My favorite organizing job is for those people who are so happy to see me at the door.

Those are the best.


I talk a lot when I work. A lot! So the time goes very quickly for me and the client hears other tidbits that they can use when I am gone.  I like to think that my talking is helpful and distracting at the same time.

If I organize one thing a day, even if it's just the laundry, I feel happier.

Is there something that you do that makes you happy to organize? 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't do crawl spaces either.... so creepy... and usually spider infested. Uhg, makes me shudder thinking about it.

    I love tupperware/rubbermaid containers! My parents house flooded a few years back and now I am all about the waterproof containers. AND I also love my label maker.... put those together and it is a match made in heaven. Here's a link to some storage space in my basement - http://isacksonfamily.blogspot.com/2011/01/tupperware-and-label-maker.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and share your own stories.